Welcome back, Greyhounds! We're launching a Patreon! Check it out at patreon.com/tedlassopod.
We're on the Dogtrack this week to have a conversation about Season 1, Episode 10: The Hope That Kills You. On this episode Christian, Brett, and Marisa discuss the victoriously broken Roy Kent, Ted's emotional presence in the midst of adversity, and how we're feeling about the growth of some of our favorite characters at the end of season one.
We also talk a lot about the music in this episode: the effective use of "You'll Never Walk Alone", the surprise appearance of a Globetrotters anthem "Sweet Georgia Brown", and the melancholic ending of "Non je ne regrette rien" are all given their fair share of consideration. Have we mentioned how much we love the music team behind this show?
Discussed On This Episode
- Richmond Til We Die Patreon Page!
- Glad all over - Palace Fans (YouTube, 2013)
- BEST YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE EVER!!! (YouTube, 2013)
- Hardwood - History of Harlem Globetrotters (PBS POV, 2005)
- YNWA: How You'll Never Walk Alone became a Liverpool FC anthem (Goal, 2019)
- Jamie Carragher: What really happened at half-time in Istanbul (Liverpool Echo, 2008)
- Hillsborough: Timeline of the 1989 stadium disaster (BBC News, 2021)
- The New Comedy of American Decline (The Atlantic, 2020)
- 'Ted Lasso’ Review: Jason Sudeikis’ Sweet Spin on ‘Major League’ Is Downright Delightful (IndieWire, 2020)
Follow the show on Twitter and Instagram.
Richmond Til We Die is a conversation about the Apple TV+ show Ted Lasso. A place where fans (and curious newcomers) come together to discuss the characters, their relationships to each other, and how they're able to make us laugh until we can hardly breathe one minute and then feel with the deepest parts of our hearts the next. When you're here, you're a Greyhound!